1. This Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in the State of Oklahoma and live within a 200-mile radius of downtown Tulsa, OK, except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of Griffin Media, 98.5 The Bull (KVOO), and their affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest. For purposes of this contest, 98.5 The Bull (KVOO) will hereinafter be referred to only as “KVOO.”
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household for the duration of this contest. Winners from any other contest hosted or conducted by KVOO, must wait 30-days from their most recent win-date before winner is eligible to win again. The 30-day ineligible period begins the day winner is notified of their winning status. Additionally, any winner of this contest will not be eligible to win a prize from any other contest hosted or conducted by KVOO for 30 days immediately following the date winner is notified of their winning status.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by KVOO, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of KVOO shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. KVOO reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
10. How to enter: To enter the 2022 Beat The Bull Contest, listener must listen to KVOO each weekday around 7:40am (CST) for the Cue-to-Call to air. When the Cue-to-Call airs, a phone number will be given as well as what caller number the winner will be for that specific day. The Listener who calls and is the correct caller number will get the chance to play BEAT The Bull. To play, the DJ’s will give listener a dollar amount and when listener is ready to claim the amount given, he/she will say “STOP”. If the caller says “STOP” before the sound of the bull is made, they will win the amount last given by DJ’s. If listener does not say “STOP” before the bull sound, listener will not receive a cash prize, but they will receive Canned Ham and Jams (Approximate Value $20). Therefore, each caller that is selected to play Beat The Bull will receive a prize. The final prize value will be determined once the listener completes the game.
11. Cues-To-Enter: Each weekday morning, around 7:40 am (CST), KVOO will air the Cue-to-Enter as well as the contest phone number and the winning caller number for that specific day.
12. In the event of any of the following occur, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. KVOO is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by KVOO;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
13. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by KVOO or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
14. Daily Prize: Daily prize amount will be determined by listener playing Beat The Bull. The minimum prize value is $50, and the maximum prize value is $1,000. If participant can Beat The Bull, winner will receive the last amount given in the form of a VISA Gift Card. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. If participant does not Beat The Bull, listener will receive one (1) Canned Ham and Jams (Approximate Prize Value: $20). Total Daily Prize Value: $50-$1,000.
15. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by KVOO. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by KVOO within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. KVOO reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
16. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
17. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
18. Complete rules are available at KVOO Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.KVOO.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.KVOO.com.